What is Areola Restoration?
Areola Restoration is a specialized type of paramedical tattooing. It is also known as Areola Repigmentation, Areola Reconstruction, Areola Cosmetic Tattooing and Areola Micropigmentation. This procedure requires specialized training and tools as well as patience and experience. The procedure is often used following mastectomy surgery to restore the breast to a pre-surgical appearance. It is often instrumental in achieving a positive outcome for the patient and improved self-esteem. It is used on both women and men who have undergone breast surgery. Areola Restoration techniques can reproduce an areola after breast reconstruction, minimize scars and restore a more natural shape and color.
What Topics are Covered in the Training?
- Discussion of the various breast surgical procedures that may require Areola Restoration - Augmentation Mammoplasty, Reduction Mammoplasty, Breast Lift or Mastopexy, and Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia).
- Areola-Nipple Complex Simulation for patients who have had a mastectomy or lumpectomy. Cosmetic tattooing recreates the look of the original areola.
- Areola Scar Camouflage used in or around the areola and to hide any peri-areolar scars created following breast augmentation or reduction. Scars can be softened, blended, or reduced by tattooing the areola scar using camouflage techniques.
- Areola Size or Color Adjustment
- Corrective Color Theory
- Certificate of Completion
- Instructional DVD
- Supply Kit valued at $198.00