What is Areola Restoration?
Areola Restoration is a specialized type of paramedical tattooing. It is also known as Areola Repigmentation, Areola Reconstruction, Areola Cosmetic Tattooing and Areola Micropigmentation. This procedure requires specialized training and tools as well as patience and experience. The procedure is often used following mastectomy surgery to restore the breast to a pre-surgical appearance. It is often instrumental in achieving a positive outcome for the patient and improved self-esteem. It is used on both women and men who have undergone breast surgery. Areola Restoration techniques can reproduce an areola after breast reconstruction, minimize scars and restore a more natural shape and color.
What Topics are Covered in the Training?
- Discussion of the various breast surgical procedures that may require Areola Restoration - Augmentation Mammoplasty, Reduction Mammoplasty, Breast Lift or Mastopexy, and Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia).
- Areola-Nipple Complex Simulation for patients who have had a mastectomy or lumpectomy. Cosmetic tattooing recreates the look of the original areola.
- Areola Scar Camouflage used in or around the areola and to hide any peri-areolar scars created following breast augmentation or reduction. Scars can be softened, blended, or reduced by tattooing the areola scar using camouflage techniques.
- Areola Size or Color Adjustment
- Corrective Color Theory
Scalp Pigmentation is not just a regular hair tattoo but a highly specialized process during which tiny deposits of pigment are positioned within the dermal layer of the skin. When applied by a skilled practitioner, these deposits replicate the look of real hair.
Our Scalp Pigmentation Class will teach you the basic techniques to help your client determine the optimal shape for their hairline and side profile, choosing a defined or super-soft “broken” hairline or opting for a more receded look with lighter pigments for a softer look overall. Practitioners are trained to cater for all requirements including treatments for white, Hispanic, black and Asian skin tones.
Scalp Pigmentation is a permanent solution for hair loss. All that is required of the recipient is that they keep their hair cut to the right length using standard hair clippers, an electric face shaver or razor. The length that the hair should be cut to is solely dependent upon the extent of the clients hair loss. We also recommend that all clients keep their skin healthy and hydrated by regularly moisturizing their scalp.
- 2 Certificates of Completion
- Instructional DVD for Areola
- Supply Kit